Injectables are some of the safest, most effective anti-aging treatments for non-invasive rejuvenation of the face and hands. Treatments include wrinkle reduction and facial contouring.
In addition to injectable wrinkle relaxers like Botox® and Dysport®, a range of injectable fillers can also correct:
- Facial folds and creases
- Lines around the mouth
- Hollows in the cheeks, under eyes and temples
- Thin or flat lips
- Abnormal nose shape
Selecting the right injectable treatment or combination of treatments depends on the type of correction, location and the duration you expect your results to last.
Injectable wrinkle relaxers like Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin® temporarily reduce wrinkles, or expression lines on the forehead, crow’s feet and between the eyebrows. The effects of these botulinum type A injectables usually last for about three to four months and require additional injections to maintain the results.
Injectable dermal fillers like Juvederm®, Restylane® are used to temporarily correct facial creases, such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines. They are also used for lip augmentation and filling depressions that cause dark under eye circles.
Belotero Balance® injectable gel is used to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles around your lips and mouth and for natural looking lip augmentation. Visit the Belotero Balance® website for more information about the product, real patient stories, educational videos, and before and after photos of Belotero® treatment.
Radiesse® is a semi-permanent injectable filler that lasts several months longer than temporary injectable fillers. It is used to correct facial creases, folds, and nasal deformities. Visit the Radiesse® website for more information about the product, real patient stories, educational videos, and before and after photos of Radiesse® treatment.
AVERAGE TREATMENT TIMES
- Toxin treatments: 5-10 minutes
- Fillers: 20-30 minutes
- Add 30-60 minutes if a topical anesthetic is used
- Do NOT take any Aspirin, NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Motrin, Aleve), garlic pills, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba for 7-14 days prior. These medications can increase the risk of bruising. For mild pain or headaches Tylenol is preferred.
- You may have some bruising &/or swelling after the procedure. Over the counter Arnica topical gel & supplements (available at most supplement stores, etc) have been shown to decrease bruising if taken 3-5 days before your treatment.
- The ideal time to schedule this procedure is at LEAST 2 weeks before a big event.
- DO inform your nurse or physician if you have a history of medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis, & any other medical problems.
- After the treatment, DO hold ice packs on the areas that are treated with filler gently for a few times that day.
- Treated areas may be red, swollen & bruised for 2-7 days.
- DO NOT get a facial or massage for 1-2 weeks after
- Avoid strenuous workouts & alcohol for 24 hours if possible.
- Continue Arnica topical gel & supplements as directed to help bruising resolve faster.
- Bruising can be covered with makeup like Dermablend®
Schedule your next session as recommended by your provider. In about 1 week you should be looking your best! We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
- Do NOT lie down for the first 4 hours following a treatment.
- Do NOT engage in rigorous exercise or yoga for that day after
- Do NOT massage or manipulate the injection sites for 48 hours after injection.
- Do NOT undergo facials or massages for the first 48 hours after
- DO feel free to use the muscles treated (frown, smile, or raise your forehead) as this may help improve the onset of treatment.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages on treatment day.
- If bruising occurs, it may be covered up with makeup. Bruises usually resolve in just a few days.
- It will take 5-7 days for you to see improvement, & peak effect at 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, DO call us if you are not completely satisfied with your results, as more may need to be injected.
Botox®/ Dysport®/ Xeomin® appointments are ideally scheduled 3 months apart for the first 3 treatments. After that, the interval between appointments can be gradually lengthened depending on the individual. Try to have your next treatment before the results return completely to baseline. This will help you maintain your results longer. We want you to have an outstanding result. If you have any questions or unexpected concerns, please call the office for assistance.
Would you like to learn more about Injectables? Call (254) 399-6941 to schedule a consultation at GunterMD Dermatology & Skin Cancer Center.